|Organization||Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India|
|Subject areas||Science and Technology, Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||15 March 2018|
Scheme for Young Scientists & Technologist (SYST) is the scheme dedicated to young scientists & technologist who have ample background and training in fields of science and technology and demonstrate the keenness to undertake socially relevant action research projects.
This is also to encourage academic institutions/national labs/S&T institutions (including voluntary organizations) to develop societal projects involving young scientists & technologist. The project proposals must show an active association with a field agency in regard to execution of the project irrespective of the fact whether the candidate is attached to an educational institution or R&D institution or any other agency
Aims of the scheme:
- To provide prospects to young scientists & technologist for pursuing innovative research ideas which have a direct impact on societal problems as well as visible technology transfer component.
- To provide chance for interaction and exchange of concepts with scientific community
- To involve young scientists in S&T development process with inputs of S & T through internships in selected NGOs.
- To take up activities which are favorable to attainment of the above objectives
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Basic or Applied Sciences, B.Tech, MBBS or equivalent. applicants with Ph.D. in Basic or Applied Sciences or equivalent will be preferred.
- Age: candidate must be less than 35 years (on the date of submission of the application to DST).
- Age relaxation of 5 years would be provided to applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically Handicapped category.
- The applicant not in regular position must get associated with an academic institution, S&T based organization including recognized NGOs with min. 5 years in existence for carrying out of S&T based project.
- These organizations must agree to facilitate smooth implementation of the project and also provide necessary infrastructure and facilities.
Duration of the project: 3 years
How to apply:
- Applicants are required to submit three copies of the full proposal in the prescribed format and soft copy uploaded to the DST site.
For more details : CLICK here