|Organization||Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions|
|Country||EU Member States and Horizon 2020 Associated Countries|
|Subject areas||all disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||220 (EUR Million)|
|Opening and deadline date||12 April 2018, 12 Sep 2018|
MSCA-IF-2018: Individual Fellowships
Objective: The goal of the Individual Fellowships is to enhance the creative and innovative potential of experienced researchers, wishing to diversify their individual competence in terms of skill acquisition through advanced training, international and intersectoral mobility.
Country Specifications: Individual Fellowships provide opportunities to researchers of any nationality to acquire and transfer new knowledge and to work on research and innovation in Europe (EU Member States and Horizon 2020 Associated Countries) and beyond. The scheme particularly supports the return and (re)integration of European researchers from outside Europe and those who have previously worked here, as well as researchers displaced by conflict outside the EU and Horizon 2020 Associated Countries. It also promotes the career restart of individual researchers who show great potential.
Scope: Support is foreseen for the individual, trans-national fellowships awarded to the best or most promising researchers of any nationality, for employment in EU Member States or Horizon 2020 Associated Countries. It is based on an application made jointly by the researcher and the beneficiary in the academic or non-academic sectors.
Note: Only one proposal per individual researcher per call will be evaluated.
- Researchers receiving an Individual Fellowship may opt to include a secondment phase in Europe, notably in the non-academic sector, within the overall duration of their fellowship.
- For a fellowship of 18 months or less, the secondment phase may last up to three months. For a fellowship of more than 18 months, the secondment phase may last up to six months.
- The secondment phase can be a single period or be divided into shorter mobility periods. The secondment should significantly add to the impact of the fellowship. In the Global Fellowships, such a secondment can also take place at the start of the action at the beneficiary or a partner organisation in Europe for a maximum of 3 months, allowing the researcher to spend time there before moving on to a partner organisation in a third country
- A Career Development Plan should be established jointly by the supervisor(s) and the researcher.
- In addition to research or innovation objectives, this plan comprises the researcher’s training and career needs, including training on transferable skills, teaching, planning for publications and participation in conferences.
- Researchers participating in the Individual Fellowships may opt to work part-time in order to pursue supplementary activities. These might include creating a company, or engaging in advanced studies not related to the MSCA grant.
- Any supplementary activities carried out part-time in parallel with the MSCA action must be agreed upon by the researcher and the beneficiary.
Eligibility and admissibility conditions: The admissibility conditions are described in General Annex B of the work programme. The eligibility conditions for Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions apply. Please read the dedicated section in the Marie Skłodowska-Curie part of the work programme.
Evaluation criteria, scoring, and threshold: The selection criteria are described in General Annex H of the work programme. The award criteria, scoring, and threshold for Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions apply. Please read the dedicated section in the Marie SkłodowskaCurie part of the work programme.
Evaluation Procedure: The evaluation procedure for Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions applies. Please read the dedicated section in the Marie Skłodowska-Curie part of the work programme.
The following exceptions apply:
All topics of this call The maximum length of a proposal is 10 pages, excluding the CV of the researcher and the annexes.
The full evaluation procedure is described in the relevant guide published on the Participant Portal.
All topics of this call Not applicable – this is a mono-beneficiary action.
For more details : CLICK here